If you enjoy fishing, snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving, whale watching or the sea life in general; you’ll love spending time in Loreto! Within the Loreto Bay neighborhood is a championship golf course, tennis center, several restaurants/bars and stores with food and other supplies.
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
| Live Music with Herzon D Laura |
Pepegina’s Loreto Bay, Nopolo BCS
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
| Steve Kirn at Pepegina's Plaza |
Pepegina’s Zuky, Loreto BCS
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
| 477 Rock Band at Blue Anchor |
Blue Anchor, Loreto BCS
8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
| Conquistadores De La Baja at Evening Shade |
Evening Shade Bar and Grill, Loreto BCS
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
| CMV Astoria Visits Loreto |
Loreto Marina, Loreto BCS
9:00 am - 10:30 am
| Svaroopa Style Yoga – with Margui |
Loreto Bay Community Center, Nopolo BCS
11:45 am - 3:00 pm
| The King |
Mediterraneo, Loreto BCS
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
| Herzon and Luis at Gitano's |
Gitano’s Cantina de Vino, Loreto BCS
All Restaurants - Click for Details
Location: Loreto BCS, Mexico
Loreto Bay is four miles from Loreto International Airport (LTO airport code) and less than ten miles from the town of Loreto. Loreto Bay is a within walking distance of the Loreto Baja Resort and its 2 pools, water related amenities including kayaks, windsurfers, snorkel gear and daily Palapa usage. It is also a short walk to several restaurants in the community. Homes are a short walk from the beach and the Sea of Cortez with its designation as a national marine park. A lap pool is in the neighborhood. An 18 hole championship golf course is interwoven through the Loreto Bay community. The Town of Loreto is about 10 minutes away by car and is a beautiful Mexican gem. It was founded in 1697 and was the capital of the Californias.
Loreto Bay Home Rental
Press Talking About Loreto
- On January 7, 2011 there was an article in the New York Times entitled The 41 Places to Go in 2011 and Loreto was listed as the #8 destination worldwide. “Long known for sport fishing, Loreto, on BajaCalifornia Sur’s eastern coast, is poised to become one of Mexico’s next luxury destinations.”
- On February 17, 2012, USA Today published an article titled Mexico for the wary: A guide to safe, popular travel spots and Loreto was one of the featured locations. Along with the article is a photo gallery including two photos of Loreto (photos 15 and 16).
- On March 14, 2012, an article named US State Department Recognizes Safety of La Paz and South Baja. Loreto is in that region and thus has been recognized as a very safe area of Mexico to visit.
- California dreaming: Loreto development preserves unique Mexican culture
- On June 26, 2019, Forbes Mexico wrote ¿Vacaciones en puerta? Loreto es el Pueblo Mágico favorito para viajar en verano
The golf course in Loreto Bay has been available to play for years now and it was the only golf option for many miles. Now a second course is completed and open for play about thirty minutes south of Loreto Bay. The Danzante Bay course is part of the Villa del Palmar...
A new restaurant option is now open in Loreto Bay. Le Bistro has opened in FN469, just a few doors down from the Nopolo Wine Cellar. It is located where the Fusion restaurant had been in the past. As the name indicates, it is modeled after a French Bistro and will...
Off the shores of Loreto is a large marine park designed to protect the vast array of sea creatures. There is still very active sportfishing and no shortage of whale watching tours during the winter season. Loreto is not the only area of Baja California that has taken...
If I had to narrow down the reasons to visit Loreto, it would be a struggle. With each visit, I find a few more reasons. Of course the reasons that motivate any individual will depend on what they enjoy most. As an example, I'm not a person who enjoys fishing. I do...
When guests are planning a trip to Loreto Bay, they often want to get in a few rounds of golf during their stay. Below are the current rates as of October 2016. Rates are certainly subject to change and it is probably best to contact the courses directly to get the...
In my many visits to Loreto, I have not yet taken the trip to Misión de San Javier. So it was decided that a group of three of us would drive out to the Misión for a visit and lunch. What started out as a simple site-seeing trip turned into quite the adventure. The...