If you enjoy fishing, snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving, whale watching or the sea life in general; you’ll love spending time in Loreto! Within the Loreto Bay neighborhood is a championship golf course, tennis center, several restaurants/bars and stores with food and other supplies.
All Restaurants - Click for Details
Location: Loreto BCS, Mexico
Loreto Bay is four miles from Loreto International Airport (LTO airport code) and less than ten miles from the town of Loreto. Loreto Bay is a within walking distance of the Loreto Baja Resort and its 2 pools, water related amenities including kayaks, windsurfers, snorkel gear and daily Palapa usage. It is also a short walk to several restaurants in the community. Homes are a short walk from the beach and the Sea of Cortez with its designation as a national marine park. A lap pool is in the neighborhood. An 18 hole championship golf course is interwoven through the Loreto Bay community. The Town of Loreto is about 10 minutes away by car and is a beautiful Mexican gem. It was founded in 1697 and was the capital of the Californias.
Loreto Bay Home Rental
Press Talking About Loreto
- On January 7, 2011 there was an article in the New York Times entitled The 41 Places to Go in 2011 and Loreto was listed as the #8 destination worldwide. “Long known for sport fishing, Loreto, on BajaCalifornia Sur’s eastern coast, is poised to become one of Mexico’s next luxury destinations.”
- On February 17, 2012, USA Today published an article titled Mexico for the wary: A guide to safe, popular travel spots and Loreto was one of the featured locations. Along with the article is a photo gallery including two photos of Loreto (photos 15 and 16).
- On March 14, 2012, an article named US State Department Recognizes Safety of La Paz and South Baja. Loreto is in that region and thus has been recognized as a very safe area of Mexico to visit.
- California dreaming: Loreto development preserves unique Mexican culture
- On June 26, 2019, Forbes Mexico wrote ¿Vacaciones en puerta? Loreto es el Pueblo Mágico favorito para viajar en verano