If you enjoy fishing, snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving, whale watching or the sea life in general; you’ll love spending time in Loreto! Within the Loreto Bay neighborhood is a championship golf course, tennis center, several restaurants/bars and stores with food and other supplies.
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
| Live Music with Herzon D Laura |
Pepegina’s Loreto Bay, Nopolo BCS
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
| Steve Kirn at Pepegina's Plaza |
Pepegina’s Zuky, Loreto BCS
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
| 477 Rock Band at Blue Anchor |
Blue Anchor, Loreto BCS
8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
| Conquistadores De La Baja at Evening Shade |
Evening Shade Bar and Grill, Loreto BCS
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
| CMV Astoria Visits Loreto |
Loreto Marina, Loreto BCS
9:00 am - 10:30 am
| Svaroopa Style Yoga – with Margui |
Loreto Bay Community Center, Nopolo BCS
11:45 am - 3:00 pm
| The King |
Mediterraneo, Loreto BCS
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
| Herzon and Luis at Gitano's |
Gitano’s Cantina de Vino, Loreto BCS
All Restaurants - Click for Details
Location: Loreto BCS, Mexico
Loreto Bay is four miles from Loreto International Airport (LTO airport code) and less than ten miles from the town of Loreto. Loreto Bay is a within walking distance of the Loreto Baja Resort and its 2 pools, water related amenities including kayaks, windsurfers, snorkel gear and daily Palapa usage. It is also a short walk to several restaurants in the community. Homes are a short walk from the beach and the Sea of Cortez with its designation as a national marine park. A lap pool is in the neighborhood. An 18 hole championship golf course is interwoven through the Loreto Bay community. The Town of Loreto is about 10 minutes away by car and is a beautiful Mexican gem. It was founded in 1697 and was the capital of the Californias.
Loreto Bay Home Rental
Press Talking About Loreto
- On January 7, 2011 there was an article in the New York Times entitled The 41 Places to Go in 2011 and Loreto was listed as the #8 destination worldwide. “Long known for sport fishing, Loreto, on BajaCalifornia Sur’s eastern coast, is poised to become one of Mexico’s next luxury destinations.”
- On February 17, 2012, USA Today published an article titled Mexico for the wary: A guide to safe, popular travel spots and Loreto was one of the featured locations. Along with the article is a photo gallery including two photos of Loreto (photos 15 and 16).
- On March 14, 2012, an article named US State Department Recognizes Safety of La Paz and South Baja. Loreto is in that region and thus has been recognized as a very safe area of Mexico to visit.
- California dreaming: Loreto development preserves unique Mexican culture
- On June 26, 2019, Forbes Mexico wrote ¿Vacaciones en puerta? Loreto es el Pueblo Mágico favorito para viajar en verano
Cruise ships have been visiting Loreto for years. But this season there will be more than in past years. In total, 12 visits are planned. In the past, a very basic list of the visits was found on the Traveling to Loreto page. Now the list on that page is interactive...
Loreto has a lot to offer and one of the best things it offers is amazing food. While it has a lot of great traditional Mexican dishes and seafood, you'll also find many other varieties of food. There is something for every palate. One thing that has been difficult to...
My first trip to Loreto was in 2005 so anything before that is something I can only read about. Recently a post entitled Flying Sportsmen Lodge — Tribute To Tenacity was written with a fairly detailed history of a lodge long gone. You'll definitely want to give it a...
When you are in Loreto, you want to have some fun! There are no shortage of events where you can find fun as long as you know about them. One of the new additions to our Web site is a calendar listing upcoming events. Yes, you can also scroll backwards to see what you...
Do you love tacos? Greg Henry of the Sippity Sup Blog definitely does. He wrote a great piece entitled Tacos, Tacos, Tacos in Loreto, Mexico where he shared his thoughts on taco stands that many residents didn't even know we had. Of course he also talked about some of...
In years past, the John McEnroe Tennis Center was touted as a major draw to Nopolo and Loreto Bay. Anyone who has visited recently has seen a facility in complete disrepair both inside and out. Below are a couple of photos from inside the clubhouse that make it clear...